Terms & Conditions
HOLIDAY LETTING AGREEMENT
This Agreement is made between the Owners (Lakes Edge Limited) of Pudleston Court, Pudleston, HR6 0QY and the Guest(s) as per the details on the completed Guest Booking Form. It is agreed that the Owners will let and that the Guest will rent the furnished premises known as either The Gaggles or Adam Lodge or Eve Lodge, or The Butlers Cottage at Pudleston Court, HR6 0QY (the Premises) for the time period set out on the Booking Form. The Guest agrees with the Owners as follows:
- To pay the letting fee. A 50% deposit is due on confirmation and the balance is payable in full 45 days prior to the arrival date.
- Not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior of the Premises or to the decoration, fixtures or fittings of the Premises or to the furniture.
- To keep the furniture, soft furnishings and equipment in their present state of repair and condition and to replace with similar articles of at least the equivalent value and standard any items of furniture which may be found to be missing or destroyed (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
- Not to remove any of the furniture from its present position in the Premises.
- To use the Premises as a private holiday residence for
The Gaggles - up to 8 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever;
Adam Lodge – up to 4 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever;
Eve Lodge – up to 4 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever;
Butlers Cottage – up to 6 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever;
- Not to affix any poster or placard to the interior or exterior of the Premises.
- Not to do or permit to be done anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance or cause of damage to any neighbouring or adjoining property.
- Not to do anything or suffer or permit anything to be done as a result of which any policy or insurance held by the Owners on the Premises may become void or voidable or subject to an increased rate of premium.
- Not to use the property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
- To permit the Owners or their representative(s) to access the Premises to deal with any maintenance or security issues.
- Not to smoke or permit smoking inside the Premises.
- Not to allow pets in the bedrooms or on the furniture.
Breakages / Extra Cleaning Deposit
- The Guest will pay a deposit of £200 which is fully refundable, less any sum which may be due to the Owners from the Guest as a result of any breach of the Guest’s obligations under this Agreement. On completion of the letting period, the Guest agrees to leave the Premises and the furniture in a clean and tidy state of repair and condition and in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
Provisions and Declarations
- This Agreement is made on the basis that the Premises are to be occupied by the Guest for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Guest acknowledges that this Agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the letting period.
- As a holiday letting, this Agreement is an excluded Agreement for the purpose of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- It is the intention of the Owners and the Guest during the term of this Agreement that the occupation by the Guest of the Premises is for the purpose of a holiday let only and that the Guest occupies the Premises solely on this basis and that this Agreement shall take effect as a holiday letting Agreement only.
- The terms and conditions of the Agreement become valid upon written confirmation by the Owners of acceptance of the holiday letting period for the agreed letting period.
General Booking Terms & Conditions
- For all bookings, including those made by telephone or internet, the Lead Guest must be over 18 years of age and authorised to make the booking and to accept these Booking Terms & Conditions by all persons named on the Property Rental Booking Form. The Lead Guest will be responsible for making all payments due. The Owners reserve the right to refuse a booking without given reason.
- In order to confirm your booking a 50% non-refundable deposit of the total rental fee must be paid at the time of booking. If the Owners do not receive your deposit payment within 5 days of your verbal or email confirmation then the Owners will release your reservation and will not be able to guarantee that the property will subsequently be available. The Owners must receive the balance of the rental fee by 45 days prior to the booking arrival date. If payment is not received by the Owners in full and by the date given in the confirmation letter then the Owners reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- A binding contract comes into existence when the Guest’s booking is confirmed by payment of the 50% deposit. This contract is governed by English Law. It is mutually understood and agreed that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract or the Guest’s holiday will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
CANCELLATIONS – BY YOU (LEAD GUEST)
- The Guest may cancel the booking at any time. Cancellation must be communicated to the Owners in writing and takes effect from the date received by the Owners. In the event of cancellation then the following charges become applicable:
Less than 2 weeks prior to arrival date – 100% of full cost
Between 2-4 weeks prior to arrival date – 90% of full cost
Between 4-6 weeks prior to arrival date – 75% of full cost
More than 6 weeks prior to arrival date – 50% of full cost
- We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance.
CANCELLATIONS – BY THE OWNERS
- It is extremely unlikely that the Owners will have to make any changes to the Guest’s property rental. However, occasionally the Owners may have to make changes and reserve the right to do so any time. Most of these changes would be minor and the Owners will advise the Guest of them as soon as they may be applicable. If the Owners are forced to cancel the property rental because of force majeure or for any reason that makes the property unfit for rental, the Guest will have a full refund of all monies paid to the Owners. Please note that the Owners are not liable for any consequential loss or incidental expenditure resulting from the cancellation of the Guest’s holiday.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the Owners of the Premises or to their representative(s) thereby giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem during the Guest’s stay.
OCCUPATION OF THE PROPERTY
- Only the named guests are permitted to use or stay in the Premises. You and your party must not exceed at any time the numbers of sleeping places, i.e. The Gaggles 8 persons, Adam Lodge 4 persons, Eve Lodge 4 persons, Butlers Cottage 6 persons. The Owners or their representative(s) have a right at all times to refuse access to the Premises for people who are not members of the party.
ARRIVAL /CHECK-IN TIME
- This is from 16.00 hrs / 4.00 pm on the arrival day booked. The Owners may be a little flexible on this provided that there are no departures from the night prior. Please check with the Owners within a few days of your arrival date and when possible the Owners will be happy to oblige.
DEPARTURE / CHECK-OUT TIME
- This is by 10.00 hrs/10.00 am on the departure day booked. The Owners can be a little flexible on this provided that there are no imminent new arrivals. Please check with the Owners and when possible the Owners will be happy to oblige.
- Non-refundable cleaning fees are payable on booking as follows:-
- The Gaggles £100.00
- Adam Lodge £65.00
- Eve Lodge £65.00
- Butlers Cottage £75.00
THE GAGGLES LEISURE AREA & CHILDREN’S PLAY AREA – available to guests staying in The Gaggles ONLY; these leisure facilities are not available to guests staying in Adam Lodge or Eve Lodge or Butlers Cottage
All terms & conditions of letting the Premises shall equally apply to the Leisure Area. In addition the following should be noted:
- The private heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room will be open for Guests to use daily between the hours of 09.00 hrs / 9.00 am and 20.00 hrs / 8.00 pm.
- The leisure area and children’s play area is not supervised and there is no lifeguard on duty at any time. It is the sole responsibility of the Guests to supervise themselves and especially all children under 18 years of age.
- Anyone who has a pre-existing medical condition or who is pregnant should seek the appropriate medical advice before using any of the facilities in the leisure area and children’s play area.
- The leisure area and children’s play area must not be used at any time by any Guest who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
ADAM LODGE AND EVE LODGE AND THE BUTLERS COTTAGE LEISURE FACILITIES OF SAUNA AND HOT TUB– available to guests staying in Adam Lodge and Eve Lodge AND The Butlers Cottage ONLY; these leisure facilities are not available to guests staying in The Gaggles
All terms & conditions of letting the Premises shall equally apply to the Leisure Area in Adam Lodge and Eve Lodge and The Butlers Cottage. In addition the following should be noted:
- The sauna and hot tub will be available for Guests to use at any time.
- The sauna and hot tub are not supervised. It is the sole responsibility of the Guests to supervise themselves and especially all children under 18 years of age.
- Anyone who has a pre-existing medical condition or who is pregnant should seek the appropriate medical advice before using any of the leisure facilities.
- The leisure facilities must not be used at any time by any Guest who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
WOODLAND & LAKESIDE WALK
- The woodland and lakeside walk will be open for Guests to use during daylight hours only. Guests are not permitted to use the woodland and lakeside walk during darkness or during adverse weather conditions.
- The woodland and lakeside walk is not supervised and there is no lifeguard on duty at any time. It is the sole responsibility of the Guests to supervise themselves and especially all children under 18 years of age.
- The woodland and lakeside walk must not be used at any time by any Guest who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The use of the accommodation, leisure areas, woodland and lakeside walk, children’s play area and any other area at Lakes Edge Limited, Pudleston Court is entirely at the users’ risk and no liability can be accepted for death, injury and loss or damage to users or their belongings. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to belongings or vehicles. This is the responsibility of the Guests at all times.